
Having been brought up as a Catholic, attending a Catholic school for twenty years, and working for more than three years at a Catholic-run University, getting excited about going to the Sin City must be unexpected. Or should I say for the irreligious, expected?
What’s so sinfully attractive about Las Vegas? The elaborately decorated themed hotels, the free shows - - - dancing fountains, volcanic eruptions, moving statutes, etc. - - - the matinee or late night shows, the casinos, the rides, the lights, the road to instant fortune, the quickie marriages?

You tell me.
I was there to experience the walking, watching and more walking. The Strip is not a one-day walk. Hello! One hotel is one theme park by itself. Phew! Thanks to my cousin GK and his friend who graciously lent his car, I was able to take in more of the glitzy maze. Wow! People lose all that money to gambling?

That’s why I don’t bet big time. In casinos is what I mean. You might see me buying a lottery ticket somewhere. When I hit the jackpot, there’ll be lots of other cities to behold.
No comments:
Post a Comment