Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Natural Blush

“Did you put on some blush?”
My sister Mary Ann asked me when I met her at the mall today.

I answered by shaking my head.

“Oh! Your cheeks are so rosy. You look like you’ve put on some blush.”
My sister emphasized.

Okay, no, I do not claim to have miraculously gotten that natural blush. I wish.

The reality was that my face was flushed because for the first time, I traveled with my 3-year old niece and my 5-year old nephew in tow - - - quite some juggling act for me.

The last time I went to a mall alone with a child was when one of my younger siblings was around 5 years old. I promised then I would never, ever go to the mall with a child in tow. She was screaming and whining and crying then wanting to buy whatever toy she fancied as we were walking. Can you imagine how many they were? We were at a mall - - - the very same one where I met Ann today.

Just to be clear about this. I am not swearing off children. I’m not just taking them to the mall alone even if they give me that minutest semblance of a mestiza look.

P.S. I read somewhere that Mother Teresa once said that in all her advices, one people should always remember is this: Love the children.

No comments: